B.Tech. (CSE – Cyber Security) is a 4-year undergraduate degree course which creates wide range of career opportunities for students in the Cyber Security space.
The course imparts body of knowledge on regular computer science engineering subjects that includes Programming languages, Databases, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Networks and other allied subjects. In addition, the course aims at enabling students with specialized tools, techniques and processes aimed at protecting networks, computers, e-resources, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access.
The course empowers students develop the computing skills needed to prevent cyber-attacks and protect people’s data and privacy in the present age of digital world. The course carves out diversified career paths from a malware engineer to security specialist to security manager.
Why B.Tech./M.Tech (Cyber Security)?
With the increasing volume of data generated by organizations, instances of cyber-attacks, loss of sensitive and valuable information, and security breaches are becoming increasingly common phenomena. Extensive internet usage for day-to-day businesses is triggering frequent cyber-attacks on sensitive business data, information and personal safety.
COURSE JOB SCOPE
Statistical Analysis of Jobs / Investments / Market Sizes In Cyber Security
- NASSCOM reported that India alone would need 1 million cyber security professionals by 2020.
- The scope of the Cyber Security market will become $170 billion industry by 2020.
- The BLS USA , forecasts the demand for Information Security Analysts would be up by 37% by 2020.
- For the last 5 years, Cyber Security professionals have been making more salary than average IT professionals.
- Herald in its market study report anticipates Cyber security Market to exceed 300 billion by 2024.
- Global Cyber Security market forecasts to reach $ 244.4 Billion by 2024 – Source: Research and Market.
- Burning Glass found the number of cyber security job postings has grown 94% in just six years.
Career Paths for Cyber Security engineers
- Malware Analyzer / Engineer
- Penetration Tester/Ethical Hacker
- Security Programmer
- Penetration Tester
- Information Security Manager
- Security Consultant
- Forensics Investigator / Expert
- Security Programmer
COURSE SALARY RANGE
Salary and Financial compensation Statistics
- Cryptographer – 100,000 USD
- Information Security Officer – 91,000 USD
- Security Assessor – 90,000 USD
- Security Engineer – 88,000 USD
- Penetration Tester – 81,000 USD
- Forensics Expert – 71,000 USD
- Security Administrator – 65,000 USD
Above all, A career with exceptional prospective growth and challenging roles in a futuristic industry, financial security and the opportunity of being a freelance professional as well in Cyber Security space makes this programme an ideal career for computer science enthusiasts.
B. Tech – Cyber Security grants information about the procedures and practices to ensure safety of systems, PCs, projects and information from assault, harm or unauthorized access. This program caters to the basic need for digital specialists, web-based business, e-banking and e-administration etc. The financial security, the opportunity to move and the long-lasting possibilities of learning makes this program a perfect profession. The average pay for an expert in India is about Rs 14.3 lakhs per annum and a fresher in this field would earn about Rs 6 lakhs per year. Mid and senior-level administrators could acquire more than Rs 50 lakhs per annum across capabilities, abilities and experience.
* awaiting Approval & Affiliation